Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 64 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:32 am
Affiliates
Help each other grow by becoming part of this list.
Latest topics
» Web browsers
Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:28 am by Rampart

» Show us your desktop!
Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:27 am by Rampart

»  What was the last movie you watched?
Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:19 am by Amonder

» What is Favourite scene from a movie?
Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:16 am by Amonder

» Who spends more in shopping? Men or Women?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:09 am by sefvitl

» What is your favorite PS3 game?
Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:12 am by TedMeow

» Windows 7 disk space catpure problem
Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:23 pm by moldy

» css sprites
Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:44 am by darceylambert

» Benefits of having a solar power system at home.
Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:04 am by ADDYSON45

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website
Follow the Moldy912 Network
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Facebook
Watch us on Youtube
View Counter

Share | 

Call of Duty: World At War

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
moldy
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Call of Duty: World At War   Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:07 pm

http://gameinformer.com/News/Story/200806/N08.0623.1150.50659.htm

first of all, I don't like the title. It's too long and imo Call of Duty 5 would have been just fine

second, treyarch may screw it up but by the sounds of it, it should be much better than cod3.

anyone elses opinions?

Male Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World At War   Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:21 pm

I dont know about Treyarch. They dont have a really good record so far with the Call of Duty franchise. I personally enjoyed both games they made; Call of Duty: Big Red One as well as the most recent installment for them in the series; Call of Duty 3.

I dont know what it is but it seems Treyarch doesnt belong in the shooter genre. They did a much better job at the Spiderman games before. They definately havent made friends with Infinity Ward either. Members of the Infinity Ward team have even said that Treyarch has soiled the long run of magnificient games that Infinity Ward put together. The graphics and physics also arent anywhere as good as the guys from Infinity Ward.

It appears that Treyarch is still enjoying the WWII genre for now. IW however has said that they will continue on in the modern era for now. I know a guy from IW on XBL and he couldnt tell us much but he did say that they definately won't be making the transition to futuristic games soon if ever. He stated that if they would it would only be "two or three" years ahead of current time.

I don't know i know i gave a runaround on this but hey im just voicing what i think. Hopefully Treyarch does well this time around. As of right now im not sold on the game consideriding the fact that it looks very mediocre compared to other WWII shooters. And with great games like Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway as well as Mercenaries 2 around the corner i cant see myself putting down $60 on a mediocre game.

Anyways hope i helped in some way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moldy
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World At War   Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:41 pm

Agreed. It looks to be a new branch because it is now a part of the Pacific Theatre which shouldn't really hurt them but no one is going to buy it except the people who bought the other games and don't know the difference between the two developers of every other game. Being a game know it all, I know this is a game to avoid and definitely spend on Brothers in Arms. A much better game with a history of great gems. Mercs 2 is not exactly in the same genre but heck, it'll be 10 times better than this heap of misfortune.

Hey, Eagle, I noticed you are a new member. Please introduce yourself in the intros forum.

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World At War   

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: World At War

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Tech Heaven :: The Tech Times-